Sunday, April 8, 2012

The future

I'm sitting in the kitchen of my house.  Not really something special, except that today there's a for-sale sign in the front yard.  The funny thing is, I'm not quite sure why.  Sure, I know it was put there by a realtor, my realtor in fact.  And at my request.  But I'm still not sure why.  Let me explain:

My wife, Missy, and I have felt for about two years that we need to sell the house.  We were never sure exactly why, but somehow we felt like that was the thing to do.  We didn't try to sell it, of course, for various reasons, not the least of which was IT MADE NO SENSE!

Then,  year ago or so, I asked on a whim and was told I could work from the road.  As in, from a vehicle in which I would travel.  I then bought said vehicle.  Ok, it's a 15-year old school bus the state of Maryland no longer considers safe to transport school children, but it's ours.  We've ripped, gutted, and otherwise maimed this bus into, well, not much yet, but it's going to be a great little RV when we're done.

If we get done.  I've now the time to do the renovations, and enough cash put aside to make it happen (probably).  But I no longer have the obvious opportunity.  See, HR balked at my proposed working arrangements, and don't seem to be willing to budge.  I've looked into other jobs, but they're already pretty hard to find without the "oh, by the way, I want to work from an RV".  You should see the looks I get on that one.  And the whole music thing just isn't feeding my family yet.

But we're still selling the house.  Or renting it.  Maybe.  We've had one showing.  And we're under water.

And I'm not sure why it's on the market at all.  I've got no reason to sell it.  Except that we're supposed to.  And because Isaiah 30:21 keeps coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment